System Blue Drum Clinic hosted by RCC Indoor Percussion
MARCH 13, 2016
RCC Indoor Percussion will be hosting this System Blue Clinic. This single day clinic for marching percussion students, instructors, and directors will provide a unique insight into the organizational and educational methods of the 5 time WGI World Championship Ensemble. The students will have the opportunity to work with the RCC staff on developing musical and visual techniques that are unique to RCC and the indoor activity. There will also be a separate track for directors and instructors to discuss design, rehearsal, and organizational strategies for running a successful indoor program.
• Instruction and materials
What To Bring
• Be sure to bring or fax this medical release form [download pdf].
• Snare and Tenor players: Bring a drum and a stand that is appropriate for your needs. Any brand, size or color is acceptable. We will not do any marching, so carriers are not needed, but a drum stand is.
• Bass drum and keyboard players: an instrument will be provided for you. Please bring appropriate mallets, and brand is acceptable.
• Dress appropriately for both indoor and outdoor rehearsal settings.
• Some meals and snacks will be provided at no cost. No additional spending money will be needed.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org in you are unable to bring any equipment — we will do our best to provide an loaner set.
This is a commuter camp. There are many good hotel options near the school should you need overnight accommodations.
Sunday, March 13
9:30 AM - Registration, band room (HG-101)
10:00 AM - Intro to movement and warmups
1:00 PM - LUNCH, pizza and drinks provided
2:00 PM - Learn segments of music
4:00 PM - Play with RCC Drumline
4:30 PM - RCC Drumline will play sections of their show
6:00 PM - Clinic concludes with a full ensemble performance of entire 2016 production
Band Director Workshop
This event includes a Band Director’s Workshop, including specialized sessions for band director’s special needs and interests.
No charge for band directors with at least one student attending the Leadership, Drum, or Guard event.
If you’d like to talk about group registration or have general questions, email email@example.com.